How your fundraising helps
We’re here to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can, providing physical, financial and emotional support. By using your Milestone Moment as an opportunity to raise money for Macmillan, you’re making sure we can help others reach milestones of their own, and for that. Here’s to you.
- In 2017, an estimated 657,796 cancer patients reached through our Macmillan Nurses.
- In 2017, the average Macmillan Nurse helped an estimated 168 unique cancer patients.
Health & Social Care Professionals
Macmillan funds a number of other Health and Social Care professionals(AHPs), besides nurses, providing a range of cancer healthcare support.
• In 2017, an estimated 206,813 cancer patients reached through our Macmillan AHPs.
• In 2017, the average Macmillan AHP helped an estimated 208 unique patients across the whole year.
Support Line Services
• In 2017, a total of 96,615 unique people supported through Support Line teams, responding to 151,460 calls and web enquiries.
Financial Support Services
• In 2017, our national network of face-to-face Macmillan benefits advisers reached 136,009 unique people. 73,498 individual people affected by cancer were supported through specialist casework, identifying around £211.4m in benefits.
The money you raise, however much it may be, really does make a difference.